Friday, February 20, 2009

Jump Start



I am sick and in bed watching VH1's morning music video show at the moment. Go figure that it would be a Pussy Cat Doll's music video to inspire my first rant in a good couple of months.

I just don't get it. It's only the one chick that is famous and sings. The other three or four of them just look like trannies and dance. I mean, they must really hate that front-runner chick. I know that I would. If I was left to just bust some background moves while dressed like a blind and crazy hooker. I remember when the Pussy Cat Dolls were a burlesque show. At least then I could tolerate them, now, I just feel awkward watching them dance in the desert, singing about love lost.

Wow, VH1 is taking it back, a Natasha Beddingfield track from 2005. The title song for The Hills, "Unwritten." I can't hate Natasha Beddingfield, she had this song in 2004 that I LOVED, although I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. It was Fall and I was working at a factory packaging mini ham croissants in Basel. After work I would walk along the Rhine, the leaves were changing in to a fiery sea of orange, mustard, and crimson. So yea, thanks for the memory VH1.

I am so guessing that this video play list is for thirty-somethings at the gym. Britney Spears' "Circus" just came on, and for some reason it made me think of that. Britney Spears makes me sad. And kind of uncomfortable.

John Legend. I've talked about John Legend before, I'm not a huge fan of his lyrics. He's skeezey and is just a douche. But he's got Andre 3000 in this video, who is just such an amazing dresser. Really, I ADORE his suits. I feel the same way about Jamie Foxx, as I do John Legend. Ugh, just so douchey.

I don't know who the fuck Missy Higgins is. Although I am getting a Lilith Fair flashback. Ok, I'm going to say this now, 30 seconds into this video, this chick isn't going to make it big. She'll be another name on a list of Fem Rock one hit-ers. Next.

Ok, I'm going to move on. I'm hungry and have some place cards to write for Dr. Sylvia's dinner party this weekend. I'm sick and not going to proof read, but I guess that should go without saying.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

The Pussy Cat Dolls scare me.

skipper said...

awwww....feels so right to be reading a blog again. thank you.